What is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury is defined as a physical or psychological injury suffered by an individual as the result of either an unforeseen accident, or another’s negligent behavior.
Personal injuries result from:
- Automobile, Motorcycle, ATV, and Boat Collisions
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Drunk Driving Crashes
- Workplace Hazards
- Construction Incidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Chemical Exposure
- Fires, Explosions, and Electrocution
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Products
- Negligently Maintained Property
- Improper Nursing Home Care
- Dog Bites
Personal injury cases can be very complicated due to conflicting circumstances involving insurance companies and legal matters. At Whiting Hagg Hagg Dorsey & Hagg, LLP we help individuals seek the appropriate compensation they deserve as a result of their personal injuries.
As experienced personal injury lawyers, we understand the complex legal issues surrounding these cases. We help clients understand their legal rights and vigilantly represent them – as a result, our clients are able to obtain the compensation they deserve. We ensure victims receive the medical care necessary to recover physically, as well as emotionally from their injuries, in addition to providing the legal representation required to recover financially from this traumatic experience.
In many cases, the negligent party may have insurance to provide the required compensation; however, this insurance company is acting on behalf of the negligent person, and it is vital personal injury victims contact an attorney before discussing a case with an insurance agent.
Accident victims are entitled to receive compensation for:
- Property Damage – cost to restore your property (vehicle, building, equipment) to original condition, or if it cannot be restored, the cost to replace it
- Personal Injuries – payment of all reasonable medical bills, as well as future medical treatment
- Lost Work, Wages, or Lost Earning Capacity – amount is measured by the actual lost income the victim can prove, and any lost opportunity for present and future income
- Pain and Suffering – non calculated amount of damages to compensate personal injury victims for their pain, suffering, rehabilitation, lost enjoyment of life or activities, as well as future losses.
Steps to follow if you are involved in an auto accident:
- Remain Calm
- Check for injuries
- Turn on hazard lights
- Report the accident to the police – even if the accident is minor
- Notify your insurance agent
- Call your attorney
- Don’t sign any documents or make any statements until your lawyer arrives
- Make immediate notes about the accident including specific damages to all vehicles involved
- Photograph the accident scene – if you have a camera or cell phone available
- Seek medical attention